Who Should be the Trustee?

Jun 26, 2019

If I create an Irrevocable Asset Protection Trust in order to protect my assets from the cost of a nursing home, who should be the Trustee of that trust? If the trust is properly set up, you should be the initial trustee and then you should appoint those persons who will take your place if you are no longer able to serve. Who that person should be depends upon many factors, and this should be discussed with an experienced, knowledgeable Elderlaw attorney.
-Attorney Jack N. Alpern

Page Tools

  • Share this page SHARE
  • Print Friendly and PDF

Other Articles You May Find Useful

Who Needs a Trust?
I Heard that I Am Allowed to Give Away Assets?
Are Funds Set Aside for My Funeral Safe?
What Assets are at Risk?
Are my Retirement Funds at Risk?
Is Long-Term Care Insurance a Good Investment?

Leave a Reply

  • (will not be published)

XHTML: You can use these tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>