Who Should be the Trustee?

Jun 13, 2019

If I create an Irrevocable Asset Protection Trust in order to protect my assets from the cost of a nursing home, who should be the Trustee of that trust? If the trust is properly set up, you should be the initial trustee and then you should appoint those persons who will take your place if you are no longer able to serve. Who that person should be depends upon many factors, and this should be discussed with an experienced, knowledgeable Elderlaw attorney.

-Attorney Jack N. Alpern

Page Tools

  • Share this page SHARE
  • Print Friendly and PDF

Other Articles You May Find Useful

Make Your Own Plan
How Specific Should I be in My Last Will?
How Much is Too Much?
Planning for the Unexpected
Who Needs a Trust?
I Heard that I Am Allowed to Give Away Assets?

Leave a Reply

  • (will not be published)

XHTML: You can use these tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>