Co-Authored by Attorney:
Jack N. Alpern
with Robert Armstrong and Sanford M. Fisch
Is your legacy in jeopardy because the focus of your estate plan is too narrow? For far too many people, their estate planning process has a limited scope instead of a broad focus on what kind of world you want to leave behind. Thinking only about who you will leave property to can put your assets and family at risk and can affect your ability to control how you are remembered.
An approach to estate planning that addresses only the when and how of asset transfers is simply not going to go far enough to address the real issues that matter when it comes to the legacy you want to leave behind. In today’s world, with more blended families and the issues arising from an aging population, a new and more comprehensive approach to legacy planning has become necessary. A holistic approach that takes into account your financial goals and non-financial legacy is now essential.
Legacy Wealth Planning can take you where you need to go in the estate planning process. Legacy Wealth Planning explains the shortcomings and limitations of the traditional estate planning process and helps you to go beyond the basics and address issues such as:
- Distribution of assets in blended families: Ensure your children can inherit and prevent a remarriage or divorce from affecting your legacy plan.
- Planning for minor children: Name a guardian and establish an appropriate method of providing for your children if you pass away before they reach adulthood, while also ensuring that you avoid common estate planning errors that parents make.
- Providing for a loved one with special needs: Take steps to ensure that a loved one with disabilities will receive appropriate care and have supplemental needs met, without the loss of access to means-tested benefits programs including Medicaid.
- Protecting assets from risks: Inexperienced or irresponsible heirs, nursing home expenditures, and a variety of other threats could result in the loss of your legacy… unless you take steps to protect your wealth.
- Creating a non-financial legacy: Ensure that your memories live on and that your personal possessions and family heirlooms are transferred seamlessly to the next generation.
These important issues are just the start of what you can learn about a holistic and comprehensive approach to modern estate planning. You do not have to limit your legacy planning to the use of traditional tools only, as the information in Legacy Wealth Planning can help you to go above and beyond.
To order your copy of Legacy Wealth Planning, contact The Alpern Law Firm using our convenient online contact form. Please include the title of the book in your message, and please print a copy of the message and mail it along with a check to The Alpern Law Firm; Attention Book Orders; 8600 East Market Street Suite 1; Howland, OH 44484. Books may also be ordered via telephone at (330) 394-1501 if you wish to pay via credit card. Call today to place your order or find out more.